Thursday, May 19, 2011

Miracle

I was reading a friends' blog today and I came upon this entry:

This couple had great pregnancy, an active labor with the baby moving constantly. As soon as the baby came out, he was not breathing. After testing, they said he had a condition called HIE (hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy) and he was life-flighted to Northside hospital due to his lack of oxygen. The baby was intubated and put on a ventilator. He was a huge newborn and giant of the NICU at 9lbs 6 oz and over 21 inches long.  After 72 hours he passed away.


As I was reading this, my heart fell to my feet.  This brings back so many memories of Hunter's early days.  I am so glad that my "little boy" lived but so sad and heartbroken for this family.  


I guess as parents, you are always looking for answers….Now I am wondering now if maybe it has something to do with the size of the baby.  My "little boy" was 10 lbs 12 oz and 21-3/4 inches long and he was 2 weeks early.    However, when the doctors are trying to put in needles into those little arms, no matter how big, they are still new little babies.  


I just wanted to thank god, for the miracle of our kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment