Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Legacy

Please keep Betty Moore,  Hunter's grandmother "Mommo" in your prayers.  She had a very severe last week and is in hospice as she "transitions" from this life to her next.
When I heard this news, I had a few realizations besides being so very sad!!! 

Poeple say that you don't "marry the family" but I have to disagree. Even though divorce happens, it's still Hunter's grandmother!!!   Mommo has been in my life for 26 years and although I haven't seen her in 7 or 8 years, I will miss her phone calls, cards and letters!
Thank goodness for facebook!!!!  We have all heard about people finding out things on Facebook and this is how I found out about Mommo!!!  Cindy was married to Clark's brother. Cindy put a message on facebook asking for prayers, when I responded she called me to give me the details.

Hunter originally went to Nashville for a week but we extended his visit and he ended up staying 3 weeks.  Looking back, I think God planned it so Hunter could see Mommo healthy and well one last time the Sunday before her stroke.  

Just a few weeks earlier when attending Hunter's first visitation, I remember telling Hunter as we walked out the door "it's a bit easier when it's not someone you love"!!!!  I never dreamed those words would haunt me so quickly. We still have to get through the memorial service but at least I will be there to hold Hunter's hand if he needs it. 

I am so grateful, that she was a part of our lives and although we are sad, we are happy that she will be meeting up with all of her other loved ones. 

A legacy lives on through us,
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment