Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lent

Mardi Gras is over and Lent has arrived and the NO MEAT on Friday's. As for the no meat, this year seems to be more difficult. In the earlier years of school, there was always a choice of fish, peanut butter and jelly and/or cheese sandwiches as options. However, this year it's not the case. When I asked Hunter what he had for lunch, he said an "apple and milk". They were out of pb&j and there weren't any other non-meat choices. I am glad that he thought enough to honor our beliefs but I wasn't thrilled that he didn't have enough to eat. It didn't seem to be a problem this week so we will see.

It is a fun time of year and memories. On Friday as we drove to Dalton Hunter said "I am looking for our greasy fish"!! This is what I have always called Captain D's and Long John Silver. However, the last year or two Hunter has started eating popcorn shrimp. I am not sure that the popcorn shrimp is anymore healthy but it all tastes good a few weeks out of the year. I don't think we eat at these restaurants of the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment